Sunday, December 6, 2009

Psalm 89 - Home

This may sound strange to some but I just returned home from practicing the music for a funeral for tomorrow.... and I feel so blessed. In man's eyes, funerals are sad occasions filled with grief and sorrow and sometimes regret and guilt. But for the believer the words of the psalmist in the 89th chapter ring loud and clear as we celebrate the home-going of a saint of God.

1-4 Your love, God, is my song, and I'll sing it!
I'm forever telling everyone how faithful you are.
I'll never quit telling the story of your love—

Search high and low, scan skies and land,
you'll find nothing and no one quite like God.

Your vibrant beauty has gotten inside us—
you've been so good to us! We're walking on air!
All we are and have we owe to God,
Holy God of Israel, our King! (Message)

It has been an honor to know Roy and Linda Dent. They have modeled what faith in the face of fear looks like. With strength and courage they have endured a full year of trial after trial and obstacle after obstacle and continued to give God glory in ALL things.

Linda is "home" now! We long to join her there and we celebrate the life that she had with us but even more the life that she now has with Him.

God bless you, Roy and Linda Dent!


Blessed be God forever and always!
Yes. Oh, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment