Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Psalm 105 - Commitment

Most people reading this know that I enjoy spending time connecting (ok, maybe creeping a little) on facebook. Tonight I decided to check out the "verse of the day" app. I shouldn't have been surprised but I have to admit that reading it brought a smile to my face. It's focus was on the Psalms and how the word of God speaks to us in this book. I felt God reminding me of my commitment to complete the blogging of each chapter of the book of Psalm. So here I am, back on track -- committed to finish reflecting on each chapter of this special book of scripture.
_________________________________________________

Chapter 105 of Psalm is a reminder that God is faithful to fulfill ALL the promises He has made. It recounts specific incidences where God fulfilled his promise to protect and bless His people (namely the nation of Israel). Verse after verse is a reminder of specific instances where God made promises to His people and evidence that he was faithful in each and every case.

Is it any wonder that my "daily verse" was a reminder to get back on track followed by a model of completion outlined for me in my Psalm of the day?

I don't believe this was a "coincidence."

I hear you, Lord. I will complete the task I committed to - just as You were (and ARE) faithful to complete your covenant promises!!!




1 Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.

2 Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.

3 Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.

4 Look to the LORD and his strength;
seek his face always.

1 comment:

  1. My~OH~My!!! the words '...make known amoung the nations...' jumped out at me. Yes ~ we're also to call on his name ~but~ '...make known among the nations...' And we have those amoung us who deny him to other nations! Father-God have mercy on us all and grant us strength and courage to seek your face always (to other nations).

    Thank you, my special friend, for speaking to us, through HIM~~~

    ReplyDelete