Friday, June 18, 2010

Psalm 111 - It IS Well With My Soul

 It has been awhile since I have posted a blog on my trek through the Psalm!  I looked back just now and noticed that this has been a year-long venture.  July 1st, 2009,  I first blogged on Psalm 1 vowing to blog a Psalm a day until I had completed the entire book.

It goes without saying that I have not lived quite up to THAT lofty goal but I have learned a few things along the way:

  • 1. Perseverance - I will complete this journey!
  • 2. Freedom! - (and this was just reinforced last night)-  The only "rules" to completing this journey are arbitrary rules of my own making. I have learned to be okay with not fulfilling MY OWN timetable!
  • 3. Timing - God's timing is completely perfect!

Today is yet another example of God's perfect timing!  About 5 months ago,  the Lord laid it on my heart to begin a woman's worship service one day each month - THIRSTY THURSDAY!  What a blessing this has been!  Last night, Jayma Savage spoke to us about experiencing FREEDOM.

Tonight, I once again turn to Psalm 111 and read through several versions of Scripture.   I can't say how many times I have read Psalm 111 and just not had the words spoken to my heart to put into written words.  But tonight as I read it one more time, Suddenly!  There it is!


 In a version of scripture that I seldom read is the reinforcement of the message from last night!!


 1 Praise the Lord!


    I will thank the Lord with all my heart
       in the meeting of his good people. 
I have absolutely loved "meeting with his good people" at our Thirsty Thursday gatherings!

 2 The Lord does great things;
       those who enjoy them seek them.
 3 What he does is glorious and splendid,
       and his goodness continues forever.
 4 His miracles are unforgettable.
       The Lord is kind and merciful. 
His goodness has been so evident through the ladies that have agreed to share their hearts with us! 

  
5 He gives food to those who fear him.
       He remembers his agreement forever.
I just had to smile here!  Like good Baptists, we always offer a tasty meal before worship!! 
 
 6 He has shown his people his power
       when he gave them the lands of other nations.
 7 Everything he does is good and fair;
       all his orders can be trusted.
 8 They will continue forever.
       They were made true and right. 


This is where God reinforced HIS perfect timing to me!  Last night's theme of FREEDOM ---- ?

Here it is!!!! 

 9 He sets his people free.
       He made his agreement everlasting.
       He is holy and wonderful.

IT IS FOR FREEDOM, HE SET US FREE!!!  

Thank you, Jayma, for reminding us of the promises of Scripture when we exercise our freedom in Christ!!!
  
10 Wisdom begins with respect for the Lord;
       those who obey his orders have good understanding.
       He should be praised forever.
(Psalm 111, New Century Version)






 


2 comments:

  1. I love your insight and wisdom! God is so good to us! He uses everyday bits and pieces to make the picture complete. I don't know how many times I have read or heard a scripture and thought, "now I know this is the second or third time to hear that in a couple of days" and know that it is God getting my attention!! This is an inspiration to me! You are blessed with sweet spirit! Thank you for this blog and your kindness!
    Very Sincerely,
    JaTon Lawver

    ReplyDelete