Sunday, August 1, 2010

Psalm 115 - "I Am Second"


I was getting ready this morning for church and Sunday school and decided in the quiet of the morning to look at the next Psalm in my journey.  Not surprisingly, God's timing is so... well, ..... timely!   Today in my Sunday School class,  we begin reviewing the lessons from a book written by Charles Stanley called, Landmines in the Path of the Believer and the "landmine" that starts off our journey is the landmine of PRIDE.   The tendency to focus on "self" and what "I" want and when "I" want it!

Once again in God's perfect timing, I open to the Psalm and read these words:  

1 Not to us, O LORD, not to us
       but to your name be the glory,
       because of your love and faithfulness.     


I searched the YouTube files for some people that would have reason to be filled with pride based on "their" accomplishments but have chosen to make a public statement saying:  "It's NOT about me".  Here is just one example:




14 May the LORD make you increase,
       both you and your children.

 15 May you be blessed by the LORD,
       the Maker of heaven and earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment