_________________________________________________
A whole lot has been on my mind lately.. much of which I can't go into here but to me it seems that there is so much anguish, hurt, and uncertainty right now...
It's EVERYWHERE!
I feel, on so many fronts, we are floundering and drifting like hapless ships that have had our sails torn to shreds. We are left to be battered by each and every wave of doubt, discouragement, and disappointment that comes our way -
powerless to fight,
or determined to "ride it out" and end up wherever we are forced,
or resigned to simply go down with the ship!
We must remember during these times, our hope lies in keeping our eyes on the prize!
When things seem to be spinning out of control:
- sit down and consider how God can be glorified through the trial
- examine what possible lesson can be learned from this experience
- pray that the storm passes quickly
1 I lift up my eyes to you,
to you who sit enthroned in heaven.
2 As the eyes of slaves look to the hand of their master,
as the eyes of a female slave look to the hand of her mistress,
so our eyes look to the LORD our God,
till he shows us his mercy.
to you who sit enthroned in heaven.
2 As the eyes of slaves look to the hand of their master,
as the eyes of a female slave look to the hand of her mistress,
so our eyes look to the LORD our God,
till he shows us his mercy.
3 Have mercy on us, LORD, have mercy on us...

Thank you my beloved friend. God is so good ~ HE knew I needed to read these words right now. Have had to constantly remind myself to keep my eyes on HIM. Can't tell you the times in the last few weeks I had to ask for HIS help even knowing its already there. Its like 'warfare' with Satan attacking from all sides...
ReplyDeleteI thank God for you everyday ~♥pam reed
Wow! I wish you good read the words that I was just drafting for Psalm 124. "Satan is on the attack" -- It is warfare! Warfare against the powers and principalities of darkness!! We MUST keep our eyes open and on the prize!
ReplyDelete