Tonight, it finally dawned on me that this is most likely not an 'accident' but just possibly exactly what I am supposed to be gleaning from these words.
You see, I believe that the Bible is living and breathing. I believe that its words are as relevant today as they were thousands of years ago. The reason they speak anew to me is because I am the one that is being changed. My world is being changed. So, the message of the word speaks to me where I am -- where we are today!!
So with that said, consider the words of the psalter as the heart-cry of our nation:
1 You have rejected us, O God, and burst forth upon us;
you have been angry-now restore us!
2 You have shaken the land and torn it open;
mend its fractures, for it is quaking.
3 You have shown your people desperate times;
you have given us wine that makes us stagger.
you have raised a banner to be unfurled against the bow.
With tongue in cheek, I commented to a friend this evening that was expressing her political views on her facebook page. She bravely stated her case without fear and took a stand for what she felt was honorable and right. I know her to be a God-fearing Christian and I must say that I admire the fact that she loves this nation and is passionate about her beliefs.
Some may not agree with me, but I too feel that our land is shaken and we are in desperate times. We are facing not only political and economic problems but spiritual apathy as well. I will not pretend to have the answers to all of our economic and political woes, but this one thing I know and believe -- only by the grace of God Almighty is this country the great nation it is. He has blessed our nation beyond measure.
But how long!? How long will God continue to allow us to blaspheme and dishonor Him?
4 But for those who fear you,
you have raised a banner to be unfurled against the bow.
Exodus 17:15 - ..... The LORD is my banner (Jehovah Nissi)
The banner bearer traditionally gave identity to the troops. The troops would rally behind the banner and fight for the cause. Are we willing to stand for the Christian principles that the Word teaches?
Sometimes, I just wonder...
Sometimes, I just wonder...

No comments:
Post a Comment