1 O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
"I think of You through the watches of night...."
As I take a moment to post my blog this evening I am keeping watch over my precious mother-in-law as she recuperates from her surgery. On Wednesday, she fell and broke her hip and the family has been "keeping watch" every day and night since her accident.
I sit here listening to the steady pulse of the pressure cuffs on her feet that continue the circulation to her legs and the oxygen pump that whirrs steadily into the nose. I can't help but think what a scary place this would be if it were not for the assurance of knowing the One in whom all hope lies!
Tough days lie ahead,
Tough decisions are yet to be made
But my God will supply all our needs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment