I have spent my morning preparing for family Thanksgiving tonight. Just sitting in my living room, I look around and am amazed at the number of things I have to be thankful for! Not one area of the room can I look and not think, "and that...and that...and that".
Here are just the high points:
1. FAMILY -
- When the "middle" child arrives this afternoon, my immediate family will all be under one roof once again. Clothed, Healthy, Happy!
- My mother and Craig's parents will both be here reminding me of how thankful that we are for still having them in our lives and how appreciative we are for the legacy they have built.
- Tomorrow, I will have lunch with seven siblings and all their offspring. What a blessing that though we have weathered some storms, we are all still able to support and enjoy one another.
2. FRIENDS -
- How very blessed I am to have such good friends. Friends that are genuine and love me for me. Not asking anything from me but to love and respect them in return.
- I am blessed to work with colleagues that are both respectful and professional. I am so blessed to have the job that I do.
- I am blessed to be able to serve and fellowship with the ladies of A Woman's Heart Sunday School class and the congregation of First Baptist Church, Clyde.
3. FAITH -
- The greatest blessing of all is that I am able and free to express myself and my beliefs in an open forum and that right is protected by the laws of this great nation.
- I am thankful for the blessings that God has given me - family, job, home, material possessions - but most of all for the peace of knowing that I am secure in the assurance of life everlasting.
1 You showed favor to your land, O LORD; (NIV)
1God, you smiled on your good earth! (Msg)
Oh yes! God gives Goodness and Beauty;
our land responds with Bounty and Blessing.
our land responds with Bounty and Blessing.
.
12 The LORD will indeed give what is good,
12 The LORD will indeed give what is good,
and our land will yield its harvest.
13 Righteousness goes before him
13 Righteousness goes before him
and prepares the way for his steps

No comments:
Post a Comment