Thursday, October 1, 2009

Psalm 67 - Full Circle

This evening has been a celebration of new life. My nephew, Aaron, and his wife (Christi) are tonight the proud parents of a beautiful baby boy! Of course, I have not seen pictures of Christi yet (and I am sure she is really good with that) but the shots of Aaron show the look that only a new parent can fully appreciate.

As I sat here this evening, it dawned on me what I have had the opportunity to witness in the past week. One week ago, I was preparing to attend the funeral of a precious saint, Ms. Riley (Vonceil) Fugitt. This week I am rejoicing in the birth of yet another great nephew (I'm not even sure how many this makes)...

Some may view the thought as morbid but to me it symbolizes the reality of life. As long as the Lord tarries in His return this world will see the cycle continue. Two seemingly opposite events culminating in the same end - LIFE!

What a precious commodity!

So to Aaron and Christi AND to the Fugitt family :

1. May God be gracious to (you) and bless (you)
and make his face shine upon (you).
2.That (His) ways may be known on earth,
(His) salvation among all nations.

3. May the peoples praise you, O God
may all the peoples praise you!




No comments:

Post a Comment