Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Psalm 75 - Here Come 'Da Judge

Finally!! I have arrived at the halfway point. 75 down - 75 to go!

Not too long ago, my middle son called and told me of a personality profile that he had participated at school and was amazed at how accurately the results had described him. He insisted that I go online and take a similar inventory and see what I "got".

I did and much to my dismay, it DID describe me. This is a brief explanation of the areas it describes:

Favorite world: Do you prefer to focus on the outer world or on your own inner world?

This is called Extraversion (E) or Introversion (I).

Information: Do you prefer to focus on the basic information you take in or do you prefer to interpret and add meaning?

This is called Sensing (S) or Intuition (N).

Decisions: When making decisions, do you prefer to first look at logic and consistency or first look at the people and special circumstances?

This is called Thinking (T) or Feeling (F).

Structure: In dealing with the outside world, do you prefer to get things decided or do you prefer to stay open to new information and options?

This is called Judging (J) or Perceiving (P).


My results said that I had a judging personality! Now the explanation above makes that not sound bad. But I have been accused of having a personality that is sometimes quick in making judgment of others.

Chapter 75 makes it clear that there is only one judge.

v.6 - No one from the east or west can judge you.
God is the judge;
He judges one person as guilty and

and the other as innocent.

As a child, I always had this image of an angry God just waiting for me to appear before him so he could lay out everything that I had ever done wrong and lower his gavel to pronounce my judgment. But, I have come to learn that God judges one as innocent and another as guilty based not on WHAT I'VE DONE but on WHO I KNOW!

I am confident that when I stand before Him that He will see the image of His Son, Jesus Christ and pronounce me clean. Not because I am perfect, but because my debt has already been paid.

May I look at others "flaws" through that same lens and may I be willing to share the message of the One True Debt-Forgiver.

_____________________________________________________

In case you would like to complete the test yourself, here is the link:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment