They say, "perception is everything."
being perceived as strong or weak,
I choose strong.
If I have to choose between
being perceived as confident or insecure,
I choose confident.
If I have to choose between
being perceived as faith-filled or faithless,
I choose faith-filled.
But then I think, does perception make it so!
The reality is that I have been having to come to grips with the fact that life roles as I have known them are changing. Honestly, now that my children are "on their own" and making their own life decisions, I am seeking what it is that I can pour my life into that makes a difference in the grand scheme of things!
The psalmist reflected on his life's purpose in Chapter 71:
5 For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD,
my confidence since my youth.
6 From birth I have relied on you;
you brought me forth from my mother's womb.
I will ever praise you.
8 My mouth is filled with your praise,
declaring your splendor all day long.
9 Do not cast me away when I am old;
do not forsake me when my strength is gone.
12 Be not far from me, O God;
come quickly, O my God, to help me.
14 But as for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
15 My mouth will tell of your righteousness,
of your salvation all day long,
though I know not its measure.
16 I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD;
I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.
17 Since my youth, O God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
18 Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.
So the reality is this:
I am sometimes weak, insecure, scared and lonely but I know that my God has never forsaken me. I have a mission each and every day of my life and that is to continue to share the marvelous deeds and the blessings that God has afforded me.
14 But as for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
Yes! Even when I'm old and gray!!

No comments:
Post a Comment