6 Pour out your wrath on the nations
that do not acknowledge you,
on the kingdoms
that do not call on your name;
How I wish I could pray these words along with the writer of this psalm; but, I fear that my own nation might be one of the first to experience His wrath.
Am I alone here?
Does it seem like we, as a nation, have long since quit acknowledging HIM?
I don't remember the man's name - don't think I want to know - but just this week, I heard of a 'comedian' that urinated on a picture of Christ as a part of his act. Somehow we have stooped to a level where such an act can be classified as 'entertainment' and be literally dismissed by most of the viewing public.
Real funny, huh???
No other group (whether religious or social) would have tolerated being disrespected in such a fashion!
Where is God's wrath and why should he spare us?
The psalmist continues with words that I echo:
8 .........may your mercy come quickly to meet us,
for we are in desperate need.
9 Help us, O God our Savior,
for the glory of your name;
deliver us and forgive our sins
for your name's sake.

No comments:
Post a Comment