Brrrr! It is hard to believe that it is the first week of August! As I sit looking out at the San Cristobal Lake and breathing the 50 degree air, I wonder how we ever survive 100+ temps at home. We arrived yesterday afternoon to the Inn at the Lake just outside Lake City, CO. The inn is hosted by David and Rosie Whitelock and is a Christian-based retreat center. David and Rosie ran a Christian camp in Marble Falls for 35+ years. He has told me that he would “tell the story of how the inn came to be” in the next couple of evenings.
I had no idea when I was reserving a spot for us what we were getting. I just took a shot in the dark. Check-in was odd. A handshake and a “glad you’re here” and we were in. No credit card swiped, no room keys. Nothing is even locked up here! Dave and Rosie make it a point to know your name. I believe I have been asked at least 6-8 times what my name is. The cook, Thelma, just commented to me that she had not met me and introduced herself. Wow! Not your typical tourist trap!
Last night was really pretty neat! Outside the inn is a patio with a pit and each night they stoke the pit with wood and guests sit around the fire and just share.
“Where are you from?”….. “What are your plans for tomorrow?” It is like they really care!
I have no idea what our plans are for the day! Right now, it is so refreshing to have NO schedule….No agenda….just sheer relaxation!
As I sit this morning and enjoy the silence, I just let the words of Psalm 33 speak for itself!
Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous
It is fitting for the upright to praise Him (vs. 1)
.. The word of the Lord is right and true
He is faithful in all He does (vs. 4)
Let all the earth fear the Lord:
Let all the people of the world revere Him.
For He spoke and it came to be;
He commanded and it stood firm. (vs. 9)
He spoke this place into existence and He purposed that TODAY I would sit here and soak it in! I plan on doing JUST that!

No comments:
Post a Comment