The interesting observation was that I became intrigued with reading the comments that were beneath many of the youtube videos I was viewing. Many of the comments are negative in nature and are obviously left by non-believers. What didn't (and doesn't) make sense to me is why would someone that really does NOT believe the message of the music waste time going through each of the videos to leave comments. Is there something in the music that compels them or draws them to it in the first place. There are probably millions of videos that they could sift through that would pique their interest....but they come to leave disparaging remarks. Hmmmm??
Perhaps they are not as cynical as they would like us to believe. Maybe something about the music really draws them...interests them.
Why do you boast of evil you mighty man?
Why do you boast all day long,
You who are a disgrace in the eyes of God? (vs. 1)
You love every harmful word,
O you deceitful tongue!
Surely God will bring you down to everlasting ruin! (v.4)
How I pray that through the exposure to the music, the Holy Spirit will convict their heart. They will not be the first or last that set out to try to prove God does not exist only to become a sold-out convert!
It is not my desire (nor is it God's desire) that these mockers be brought to "everlasting ruin".
II Peter 3:9 .. "He is patient with you , not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."
No, I pray that they keep listening so that one day they can join in and say:
I trust in God's unfailing love forever and ever.
I will praise you forever for what you have done;
in your name I will hope, for your name is good.
I will praise you in the presence of your saints. (v.9)
**Freebie side note **
I have written in the margin of my Bible by this verse:
"Praise is contagious"....
Let's hope these negative folks keep listening!

No comments:
Post a Comment