Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Psalm 23 - 'Nuff' Said

I must admit, I have been thinking about what I would post on today's link for several days. Probably one of, if not THE, most recognizable verses in scripture is the 23rd Psalm.

I have attended many, many funeral services where this psalm was read as a comfort to the grieving family. Something about the familiarity and calmness of this scripture just brings a peace.

And boy - could we use some peace about now!!!

I think the thing that has played over and over in my head is
"Why do we wait for a funeral?" This verse is definitely for the living!

In my blogs I have referenced both the NIV and the Message. Today I would like to use a version that may be less familiar to readers of this blog!

23rd Psalm
(Loper version):


I have God himself- what else could I possibly want?

He has provided me with :

rest, comfort, refreshment, restoration, guidance,
contentment, peace, honor, protection, security,
goodness, mercy...... for the rest of my life
and best of all ETERNITY!

Yeah, what more could I possibly want?


All of You , is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You
Is more than enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment