Sunday, July 26, 2009

Psalm 27 - My Light and My Salvation

Well, it's been quite an interesting weekend! God has been good. I don't think I can even express in words how I have seen Him at work over the last few days.

This evening I saw Jenna - beaming.... no radiating! Yes! God is good.
I have witnessed the healing of wounded spirits - including my own!

The psalm today is a song of confidence, praise and thanksgiving and I get so excited reading it that I can hardly find the words to type out. So I will just use the words of David:

The Lord is my light and my salvation -
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life-
Of whom shall I be afraid?
When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh,
When my enemies and my foes attack me,
They will stumble and fall (v. 1-2)

David prays with confidence (finally) that God will deliver him from those that try to bring him down!

Satan works so hard to try to throw roadblocks in our faith journey-

I do not have to fear the antics of the evil one!

My flesh works counter to the desires of the Lord --

I have the power resist the trappings of the flesh!

One thing I ask of the Lord,
This is what I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord.
For in the day of trouble
He will keep me safe in his dwelling;
He will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock! (v.4-5)

I have this mental picture of frightened child first learning to swim. The water is calm but it is unfamiliar and therefore terrifying. The child struggles. The child panics and even cries, but at the perfect moment, the loving parent calmly takes the child and gently places him on the steps or the side of the pool so that he can feel a solid base beneath him and know that he is safe.

I have felt a little panicked lately! A little like I was out of control -- drowning in the antics of the evil one! But yesterday, I sensed the loving arms of my Father reaching down and gently setting me high upon a rock!

Oh, I will have to get back in the water! And it will be trying and maybe scary -- but I know that He is there to gently put me back on my feet!


I am confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait on the Lord (v. 13-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment