Monday, July 27, 2009

Psalm 28 - Focus

Well, it's a close call. I just almost missed for the first time being able to get my daily blog in. I have thought about it all day -- when will I have the time?! I think this is just a taste of what it will be like when school rolls around again; yet, I am determined to see this through. I really enjoy the way this focuses me on my time with Him!

This has been a very, very long day! I am running on just a couple of hours of sleep! When I broke my "fast", I think I binged a little. I just had to catch up with all the facebook activity over the three day fast and stayed up way too late and got up way too early. I had to leave at 5:30am for Ft. Worth for a conference and have been going strong ever since.

Isn't that how life is....we hit the ground running and don't even take time to breathe, eat, SLEEP!!!

I just heard Him -- "BE STILL and KNOW....."

So -- deep breath.....FOCUS !

To you I call, O Lord my Rock;
do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you remain silent,
I will be like those who have gone
down to the pit!
Hear my cry for mercy
as I call to you for help,
as I lift up my hands toward your
Most Holy Place. (v. 1 -2)

Is God being silent or am I so busy that I cannot hear him?

Focus --

Breathe --

Listen --

He hears!

Praise be to the Lord,
for he has heard my cry for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and my shield
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song. (v.6-7)

Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye heavenly host
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment