Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Psalm 9 - The Choice is Mine

"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders....."
(v.1)

YEAH right!

I will tell you of all of my woes but seldom will I tell you of the wonderful things that God is doing in my life. Sometimes, to be honest, it is hard to find "wonderful" things. Sometimes life just snowballs on you and feels as though it will consume you and beginning with your heart, it "freezes" your spirit.

It is not that He isn't doing "wonderful things", it is most likely because I am so self-absorbed that I don't see them! You know...I'm just running trying to keep from getting bowled over by that ever-growing snowball!

v.2 - I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High!

This sounds like a determined soul. He doesn't say,
"I WANT to be glad"....
"I WANT to rejoice in YOU".....
"I WANT to be able to sing praise to your name"....


The Psalmist says " I WILL"......

I have to CHOOSE!

I have a tiny book that, to be honest, is one of those little readers you keep in the bathroom. Sorry TMI!!

It is titled "The Choice is Yours - Today's Decisions for the Rest of Your Life"
by John Maxwell.

Here is summary of the chapters of this quick read:
1. Attitude is a Choice
2. Character is a Choice
3. Values are a Choice
4. Self-Discipline is a Choice
5. Commitment is a Choice
6. Teachability is a Choice
7. Initiative is a Choice
8. Passion is a Choice
9. Courage is a Choice
10. Responsibility is a Choice
11. Growth is a Choice
12. Relationships are a Choice
13. Communication is a Choice
14. Encouragement is a Choice
15. Servanthood is a Choice
16. Love is a Choice

I MUST CHOOSE TO BE GLAD!!!
I MUST CHOOSE TO REJOICE!!!

I MUST CHOOSE TO SING PRAISE TO MY GOD -- THE MOST HIGH KING!!

3 comments:

  1. I so agree!
    Sometimes it is just choosing to praise and rejoice and sing to God that changes my bad attitude. I guess as you look through that chapter you see David reminding himself of what God has done in the past and how He will reign in the future.
    I guess that would work for us too!
    I think I need to do that today. I will choose to look at where God has led me and focus on His power and His glory and His future for me. I'm feeling more upbeat already! :)
    Thanks again Pam for the encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to remember that what we do is a choice. I can tell other people real fast that it is a choice that they made but I don't like hearing it back to me. But I chose to praise my God with all my heart and glorify his name forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for commenting!

    ReplyDelete