Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Psalm 30 - Rise

I will exalt you, O Lord ,
for you lifted me out of the depths
and did not let my enemies gloat over me.

O Lord my God, I called to you for help
and you healed me.
O Lord, you brought me up from the grave;
you spared me from going down into the pit.

Sing to the Lord, you saints of his;
praise his holy name.

For his anger lasts only a moment,
but has favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night but
rejoicing comes in the morning. (v. 1-8)


I have witnessed a transformation. For the last several weeks, I stood and watched as my precious daughter floundered in the depths of depression and loss. As inevitable life changes swirled around her she struggled with how to cope. She felt as if her world had ended. There had been so much change in such a brief period!

I prayed as she cried out for healing.

Through God's perfect timing and providence, she was brought up from the depths of her emotional grave. I have watched as the light has returned to her beautiful eyes and a smile has returned to her face. I have seen a new sense of confidence and growth in her.

I could not help but think of her as I read today's psalm.

You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever. (v. 11-12)


Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead
And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow
No more pain
I will rise on eagle's wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise!
("I Will Rise" - Chris Tomlin)

No comments:

Post a Comment