There is one on my forehead where my dad was driving a trailer to the hayfield and while riding in the trailer it came unhitched from the ball of the truck, hurling my brother and I headfirst into a piped railing. Yes! looks a little Frankenstein-ish!
Then there's the scar on my chin received while attempting my Underdog impersonation. I jumped off of one bunk-bed onto a single bed- with a towel for my cape - and needless to say did not fly but bounced onto the metal bed railing!
Or, there's one on my knee where I decided to go against my mother's instruction and ride a motor scooter with my brother and of course, he wrecked it, and the kick stand somehow found it's way under my knee cap!
I have numerous scars on my body from the accident of 1979. My scars are constant reminders that what occurred on that day was horrific and painful. I look at them every day and every day I am reminded of the physical and emotional pain. And I am reminded that I did not and do not suffer alone!
The scars that I can't show you are hidden deep inside. I put on my face and I paste on the smile and will tell you that I have moved on - but events like yesterday only serve to remind me that the wound is still healing!
I do not KNOW why I am here today! I only trust that somehow, somewhere in God's providence there is some sort of plan!
I have been through the whole process of
questioning God,
being angry with God,
resenting God,
and accepting His plan!
I truly desire for the Lord to use me! I want this experience to make a difference to someone - somewhere! I do not want the sacrifice of these precious souls to be in vain!
All wounds do not heal the same.
Some leave nice, tidy scars
while others are glaring and ugly.
All wounds do not heal at the same rate.
I thank God that we have been down a path
where he has brought me peace.
It was a long road!
Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind for your love is ever before me and I walk continually in your truth. (v.2)

No comments:
Post a Comment