Today, I am taking my daughter, Jenna, to Lueders for a three- day encounter with the grace of God. I know that He is going to do mighty works this weekend and I long for her to discover that he loves her more than she can imagine and He will never leave and never forsake!
As I was reading today's psalm, a praise and worship song filled my head.
Here are its lyrics taken from Psalm 24:3-4
Who may ascend the hill of the Lord ?
Who may be found in Your holy place ?
Only those who are clean and pure in their hearts
Can make it to where You are.
Who may ascend the hill of the Lord ?
Who may be found in Your holy place ?
Only those who refuse to lift up their hearts
To ANYTHING else but You.
So do what You will,
Do what You want.
I have decided to trust You ONLY
I want to be whatever Your wanting
You are the LORD of my life.
Lord, not my will, but Your will,
Let this be my cry !
Who may be found in Your holy place ?
Only those who are clean and pure in their hearts
Can make it to where You are.
Who may ascend the hill of the Lord ?
Who may be found in Your holy place ?
Only those who refuse to lift up their hearts
To ANYTHING else but You.
So do what You will,
Do what You want.
I have decided to trust You ONLY
I want to be whatever Your wanting
You are the LORD of my life.
Lord, not my will, but Your will,
Let this be my cry !
I have committed this weekend to pray that God's will be done for each girl attending. That each girl will earnestly seek the will of God and commit to be 'whatever HE wants'.
I have committed to a 'Facebook fast' for the entire time Jenna is gone to spend that time praying for God to become even more real to her.
I pray that this weekend, each 'caterpillar' will ascend the hill of the Lord and take a moment to sit in His presence and come clean with God, purify her heart, and consider what has been elevated to a status that only God himself deserves.
Yes, this is my prayer from Psalm 24:4-6: (sorry, yet another song)
We bow our hearts
We bend our knees
O Spirit come make us humble
We turn our eyes from evil things
O Lord, we cast down our idols
Give us clean hands
Give us pure hearts
Let us NOT lift our souls to another
Give us clean hands
Give us pure hearts
Let US not lift our souls to another.
O God, let us be
a generation that seeks
Seeks Your face, O God of Jacob.
We bend our knees
O Spirit come make us humble
We turn our eyes from evil things
O Lord, we cast down our idols
Give us clean hands
Give us pure hearts
Let us NOT lift our souls to another
Give us clean hands
Give us pure hearts
Let US not lift our souls to another.
O God, let us be
a generation that seeks
Seeks Your face, O God of Jacob.

No comments:
Post a Comment