Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Psalm 1 - Reading Through Psalms

So .....
I have decided to make it my mission to read through the book of Psalm and journal my thoughts.
Hopefully, each day but... life happens.

I've tried journaling.... many times and have folders and folders full of notes....random notes.

Hopefully, the novelty of blogging will keep me on track so... here goes.

PSALM 1 ~~
"Blessed is the man who does not WALK in the counsel of the wicked or STAND in the way of sinners or SIT in the seat of mockers. But his (her) delight is in the law of the Lord."

WALK - order my life according to
STAND - position myself
SIT - settle myself

Whether I "walk", "stand", or "sit" is MY choice. Today I choose to walk according to God's design for His child. I choose to position myself around positive, godly people (thank you Lord for my job) and I choose to settle into an attitude of praise rather than cynicism.

A quote I read from past journaling says:
"The majority of us do not enthrone God. We enthrone "common sense". We make our desires and then ask the REAL God to bless our god's decision" ~ Oswald Chambers

I don't want the world's "common sense" approach but the godly counsel of scripture and Christian fellowship!!!!

"For the LORD watches over the way of the righteous..... (v.6)"

No comments:

Post a Comment